.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
What is the sound of one head snapping?
Tuesday, July 18, 2006
All Music

I’ve always been a fan of different musical genres. Started listening during our school bus days when our driver would play albums of Saro and Asin neatly packaged with those plastic billboard compilation covers; This were the pirated copies of early musicdom. Officially got hooked with music when I first got hand of the launching album of The Dawn (enveloped ideas) and it was no stopping me from collecting albums from then on. To date I’ve got loads of music from the Jerks to Lolita Carbon, Robert Johnson to Rob Halford, Metallica to Fat Boy Slim.

The usual predicament with having loads of music is how to best categorize your music. The closest thing I got to classifying music is this site, All Music.

Just do a quick search on the artist that you would like to know more about. They not only give you the specific genre, but also detail the history of the band/artist, their influence and other artists that belong to the same genre. I go to the site for broad categories and guidance and then apply my own preferred sub category for proper sorting. Too bad they only have it for foreign music.
 
posted by Nocturnal Sun at 6:03 PM | Permalink |